Diabetes is on the rise in America. This worrisome condition is a disorder of the metabolism, and it affects a great number of individuals. While diabetes is one of the leading causes of disability and death in the U.S., there are things you can do to combat this illness. Researchers have uncovered many new remedies for diabetes. Find out how you can help your body control blood sugar naturally and live a diabetes-free life.
Herbs and Spices
1. Bitter Melon –Scientists have proven that bitter melon is good for the treatment of diabetes. This herb has insulin-like properties, allowing it to lower the glucose levels in the bloodstream. Experts suggest that you grind the seeds into a power or make a tea. It should be consumed often to be effective.
2. Fenugreek –Holistic practitioners recommend that you take 30 grams of fenugreek with each meal. This herbal product helps the body process glucose, thus lowering levels in the blood. Fenugreek is one of the best natural remedies for diabetes on the market.
3. Fig Leaves – This herbal nutrient is also good for high blood pressure, bronchitis, and skin problems. Most of the tinctures come from the sap or milk of tree leaves. Natural advocates recommend using this regularly to cure diabetes.
4. Black Seed – Also called Nigella Sativa, black seed helps control diabetes. You should take 6 teaspoons of black seed oil tree times a day with plenty of water. Black seed has been used as a therapy for diabetes for centuries.
5. Cinnamon – A study done in 2003 by Dr. Khan and associates found that cinnamon lowered glucose levels by 18% by mimicking insulin. An added benefit of cinnamon is that it reduces LDL (bad) cholesterol as well as triglycerides. CancerTutor.com recommends around ½ teaspoon each day.
6. Meditation – Diabetics have a lot of nerve pain and neuropathy, which produces stress and pressure on the body. This chronic stress leads to elevated levels of glucose, predisposes you to infections, and delays wound healing. Cut your stress through meditation.
According to a recent New York Times best-selling book, The Blood Sugar Solution, meditation is the main method necessary to reduce stress for the diabetic. The author, Dr. Hyman, reports that stress makes you fatter, and this leads to insulin resistance and diabetes. One of the greatest natural remedies for diabetes is meditation.
7. Guided Imagery – This relaxation technique allows you to think of peaceful mental images, such as a bubby stream in the mountains. While visualizing this, you lower your stress and control your chronic diseases.
8. Acupuncture – Thin needles are used in acupuncture to stop the pain from nerve damage. Scientists say that acupuncture triggers the release of the body’s endorphins – or natural painkillers. To ease the pain from diabetic neuropathy, try acupuncture.
9. Biofeedback – This technique helps you become more aware of your body’s response to pain in order to deal with it. Biofeedback emphasizes stress-reduction and relaxation, allowing the body to lower blood glucose naturally.
Vitamins and Minerals
10. Vitamin C – Researchers have discovered that taking around 500 mg of vitamin C each day can normalize your blood sugar levels. Vitamin C is one of the most innovative natural remedies for diabetes.
11. Chromium – Chromium has been studied for years in the treatment of diabetes. Scientists believe that chromium is necessary to make glucose tolerance factor, a substance that helps insulin work.
12. Magnesium – Clinical studies show that low magnesium levels may worsen blood sugar control for diabetics. Experts think that magnesium interrupts insulin secretion. A deficiency of magnesium also contributes to the complications of the disease. This makes magnesium one of the top natural remedies for diabetes.
– See more at: http://humansarefree.com/2014/02/12-natural-remedies-for-diabetes.html#sthash.vJisfmaD.dpuf